6 Month Review


Hey There!
This is a bit of a last minute blog post for me. I didn’t think I would manage to get one up today as I’m currently moving house today, so as I’m writing this all my stuff has been packed up into boxes. Therefore, all the posts I’ve got planned can’t be uploaded yet since I can’t take photos of any of my stuff. I also have no Wi-Fi, so I’m scheduling this in a café on my lunch break from work. That’s dedication right there.
The idea for this blog post came about from my frustration of not being able to upload a good blog post. I like to consider myself a fairly optimistic person, but for this situation I was just focusing on the negative aspects, rather than the positives. So, seeing as we’re now officially halfway through the year, I thought what better way to cheer myself up than looking back at some of the things I’ve done and accomplished so far this year, as well as the things I’m looking forward too the rest of the year.

So Far this year I have…
1.       Started my blog! Admittedly, I’ve only had it for two weeks, but I am really enjoying it so far! I was lacking hobbies, and I needed something to fill my time over the summer and I’m so glad I decided to create a new blog (my first one was 6 years ago, but I soon gave up on that – hopefully I won’t give up on this one) Everyone has been so lovely and supportive and seeing that people are actually reading my content excites me and encourages me to keep on creating content. Hopefully, I’ll get better by the end of the year, but for now I’m just happy that I’ve actually started it.

2.       Passed my Second Year of University! I am so happy that I’ve got into third year. I passed with a 2:1 and I could not be any happier. I’m studying Fashion Buying & Merchandising at Southampton Solent and I can’t believe I’ve already finished two years. I would definitely go back and do it all again if I could.

3.        Visited New York City! This has probably been the highlight of my year so far, as New York is somewhere I have always dreamt of visiting. Living there would be the ultimate dream, but for now I’m happy just visiting. It was the first time I had ever been to New York and it was everything I’d hoped it would be – and more! I’ve already written two blog posts about it so go and have a little read if you’re anything like me and obsessed with all things NYC.

In the next 6 month’s I am…

1.       Completing my first internship!  I have a three week placement, as a Merchandiser, which starts on Monday! I’m so nervous for it, but I know I’ll enjoy it once I start, and if I don’t then at least I’ll still learn something from doing it. I started applying for placement back in December and it is so frustrating the amount of companies and brands who don’t even bother getting back to you. I’m sure a simple, ‘Hi, we’re not looking for anyone at the minute’ or ‘hi, we’re not really interested’ wouldn’t take two minutes to write and send. However, after sending what felt like thousands of emails, I finally heard back from Primark and managed to secure myself a three week placement.

2.       Turning 21! I’m not sure if I should actually include this because I wouldn’t necessarily say that I was looking forward to being an adult and having to grow up! I just want to stay young forever, haha. However, I am looking forward to my birthday because I’ve managed to get time of work so I can go home, which will be exciting. I’m also going away for my birthday, but more on that in a minute. I think I’m more excited about celebrating my birthday as opposed to turning 21 so maybe I’ll just tell everyone I’m turning 20 again.
3.       Barcelona! As I just mentioned, I’m going away for my birthday with my family, think cousins and aunties, not parent’s haha. We’re going away for two nights and it will be a drink filled weekend, because let’s face it, they are the best kind of weekends. However, drinking aside, I am actually really looking forward to going back to Barcelona. I’ve been once before on a school trip when I was around 13, so I don’t remember too much. The only thing that has really stuck with me is how beautiful the architecture was. Antonia Guadi had designed many amazing architectures and his work can be found easily within Barcelona. The Sagrada Familia and Park Guell are two of the places I distinctively remember from my visit to Barcelona as they are stunning places to look at. Hopefully, if the weather is nice, I would love to go back to Park Guell and really look at all of the architectural work within the park.

4.       Go home for three weeks! This sounds so trivial, but since moving to University all the way at the other end of the country, combined with actually studying at Uni and having a part time job, trips home are few and far between. Since I started my second year in September I’ve only been home three times, each visit for no more than four days. I don’t tend to get homesick, loving my life at university probably helps that, but every time I go home I always want to stay a bit longer than I can. So, that’s why I’m particularly looking forward to spending the best part of three weeks in August at home. No work, no studying, just having fun with my friends and family!  

So that’s everything I’m looking forward to for the rest of this year. I know there’s more, like starting third year of Uni and seeing Scouting for Girls live, but I’d be here forever. Writing this has actually made me appreciate what I do have and made me realise that I have so much to look forward to. I just need to focus and enjoy these next six months, because if they’re anything like the first six months of the year they’ll be over within a flash!  
I hope you enjoyed reading this and took some inspiration from it. Tell me one thing you’ve accomplished so far this year and one thing you’re looking forward to. It will make you feel so much better if you’re having a down day or even just a low couple of hours, I promise! Thanks for reading and I’ll see you in my next post.

Comments

  1. You've achieved some amazing things this year! Congrats on finishing your second year of uni, and going to New York x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this post! Something that I've been doing a lot of this year is job hunting and I completely agree with what you said about businesses not getting back to you. I wish they'd just give a definite "no" or "yes".
    Something that I'm really looking forward to is finishing college. It's scary but exciting to go on to Uni next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Yeah it is so frustrating to when you hear nothing, I'd rather hear a 'no' than nothing at all. Ah I'm sure you'll have the best time, well done on finishing college! xx

      Delete
  3. Oh wah you've achieve so much in just 6 months! COngrats on the blog and the 2nd year! And lucky you for New York! xx corinne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou love! Ah I know, I loved it so much! xx

      Delete
  4. You've achieved some great things and hope you continually to achieve great things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've achieved so much in such a short amount of time. Good luck moving. It's my dream to go to New York you must have loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou love, the move went great! Ah I did, it was amazing, you'll definitely love it when you visit xx

      Delete
  6. You sound like you have had an amazing 2017 so far, I wish mine was half as eventful! I feel like all I've done is sit in pyjamas. Congratulations on passing second year, that is amazing achievement and good luck with your internship, I'm sure you'll have an amazing time.

    Kirsty | The Monday Project | themondayproject.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou lovely, I have! Haha I'm sure you've done more than you think,I didn't realise what I'd actually done until I sat down and write this post xx

      Delete
  7. Aw I love this, this is a post I love to read, seeing what people have achieved, and the goals they set!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Yeah posts like this always make me feel more motivated xx

      Delete
  8. You have achieved some amazing things so far and I'm sure the rest of the year will be just as great. Also, I used to love about 30 minutes from NYC and I can completely agree! It's amazing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Ahh, you were living my dream haha, it is so amazing xx

      Delete
  9. Congrats on starting the blog and Landon an internship at last! Primark is one of the things that makes me most jealous of UK folks! And woohoo for visiting New York!

    xx
    Emily
    emilyhallock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou lovely! Yeah it has to be one of me favourite shops haha, it's even more interesting seeing how it all works xx

      Delete
    2. I agree with Emily. Woohoo New York.

      Delete
  10. You've done so much in 6 months! That's amazing! I'm sure you'll achieve so much more in the future. (Your blog looks great!) xx

    Nouf || https://noufnotes.wixsite.com/noufnotes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment