What's in my Travel Makeup Bag

Hey There!
 
I was sorting through my makeup, trying to decide what I was going to pack for an overnight trip and I thought I would show you what I was packing. If you're anything like me and like to have a little nosey into people's stuff then hopefully you'll enjoy this post, or if you are planning a small trip hopefully you'll find it helpful.
 
 
 Face:

Rimmel Fix & Perfect Primer: I have used this primer for months now and I love it. It helps keep my makeup on all day and allows my foundation to go on smoother and for £699 I think it is a great product. Little tip: This primer is £6.99 in Boots & Superdrug, but only £4.48 in Wilkinson's! If Boots/Superdrug have 3 for 2 on, which they usually do, it can be worth buying it from there, but if not definitely go to Wilkinson's. I have found that this primer is perfect for travelling. I like that it comes in a tube rather than a bottle as it is lightweight and I know it wont break in my makeup bag.
 
Revlon Colourstay foundation: I've only used this foundation for a couple of months now, but I am loving it. It is so easy to build up, which is perfect for this weather. On days when it is so hot, but I still want to wear makeup, I will apply a small layer and because it is a full coverage foundation, it still provides me with a nice enough coverage for me to feel confident going out. It also has SPF 15 which has been good for the weather we are having this week. I use shade 110 Ivory, which I believe is their lightest shade and it is a perfect match. So if you're really pale and struggling to find a drugstore foundation that matches your skin tone, check this one out.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer: Another essential that I always need is concealer. This concealer is so hyped up around the internet and I know so many people that love it and with good reason. It has a good heavy coverage and covers my under eye circles, as well as any blemishes I have really well, which at the minute is a lot. Again, I use the lightest shade which is fair. I would be interested in trying the collection lasting perfection foundation to see if that is any good. Have any of you tried it, what did you think about it?

Rimmel Clear Complexion Powder: This is another long time favourite of mine. I use the shade transparent, which I find works perfectly on my skin. It is a really good powder and stop me from looking shiny. The only problem I find is it breaks easily, no matter how careful I am, which is why I'm always so hesitant to take it away with me. However, for £3.99 I can't really complain.

PS Sculpt & Blush Kit: This is a bronze and blush palette and for short trips I find it so useful as I can take less items. It isn't my usual bronzer that I use, but for £4.00 the longevity of the products and the pigment is surprisingly good. I struggle to find a bronze that doesn't just make my skin look orange or dirty, but this shade is a good match. The blush is a natural pink shade, making it perfect for trips as it suits me for day to day wear, but I can also easily build it up if I need it for nights out or other events while I'm away.

Too Faced Candlelight Glow Highlighter: I work my way through highlighters like there is no tomorrow, but this is my current favourite. It is in the shade Rosy Glow and I think it is perfect to take away as it contains a white tone highlighter, which I love, but it also contains a pink tone one, which I can use if needed. It saves me packing a range of different highlighters 'just-in-case'. I always used to find myself packing so many of the same products just-in-case and I would always just use the same every products every time.


Eyes:

Avon Eyeshadow Primer: My favourite Eyeshadow primer at the minute is the Avon primer. I think I've only tried a couple of other drugstore primers, but I keep going back to this. Do you have any favourite Eyeshadow primers I should try? I know there is cheaper alternatives out there, but I find the shade and consistency of this one works perfectly for me. I also find it is great for travelling because the pot is very compact and I know it wont break or spill.

Urban Decay Naked 3 Eyeshadow Palette: This was the first Urban Decay palette I ever bought and I absolutely love it. All of the neutral and pink shades are perfect for everyday wear and the darker shades allow it to be utilised for evening time. I'm not going to bang on about amazing it is and how pigmented the shades are, because I'm sure you've seen so many posts already - we all know Urban Decay bring out the most amazing palettes. I always take this palette away on trips because it is so convenient to only have to carry one palette and the shape of it means that it fits nicely inside my small (ish) makeup bag.

YSL 'The Shock' Mascara: This is my current favourite mascara. I love it! The formula can be quite hard to work with, as it can make your eyelashes quite clumpy, but if you have the time to work with it, it leaves your eyelashes looking so long and voluminous. As my eyelashes are quite short and very straight I sometimes use two mascara's, but with this one I find it does everything that two mascaras would usually. This makes it perfect for travelling as I can just take one mascara instead of several.

Eyelure Eyebrow Pencil: I have only recently discovered this eyebrow pencil, as you can see it is very small - I have come to the end of my first one and will definitely be repurchasing it! I use the shade No. 30 Blonde and it is the perfect shade for my eyebrows, the ones I had been using prior to this were always too dark or too light, but this one is perfect. I find it so much easier to take a pencil when travelling rather than taking a palette as it takes up less room. I also like how it has a spoolie on the end, so it means I don't have to take an eyebrow brush, it all comes together. Also, mine took up even less room in my makeup bag because it was so small haha.

Benefit Gimme Brow: I love this product and will never go anywhere without out! I use it in shade 01 Light and I find the colour is perfect. For £20 it is quite expensive, but it works so well for me and it is a great size for travelling! Since I have quite filled in eyebrows anyways, I know that if I needed to save even more space in my makeup bag I could just take this with me, without the eyebrow pencil.

That is all I usually take in my travel makeup bag, except for a couple of lipsticks, but they are decided based on the clothes I pack, so I can look somewhat put together! Thanks for reading, hopefully you found it interesting and I'll see you in my next post.
 

Comments

  1. Such a lovely post! I love the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer I don't think I could travel without it too.. I'm so tempted to try out the Gimme Brow the packaging is gorgeous and it sounds like its a great product too

    Ronnie
    www.veronicabizzarri.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! It is such a great product, definitely worth the money xx

      Delete
  2. I'm actually off on holiday next month so this post came at a super handy time! The collection concealer sounds fab, I often need decent coverage to cover up my undereye circles, so I would love to try that out! Your makeup bag is so cute as well!

    Abbey 🐝 www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I'm glad! It is such a good concealer, especially considering how cheap it is xx

      Delete
  3. That clear complexion powder sounds lovely! Perhaps you could wrap it in tissue or put it in a small baggie to try to protect it from breaking? My travel bag is usually full of eye shadows and sunscreen, because most of the places I go are pretty sunny and involve a lot of time outdoors!

    xx
    Emily
    emilyhallock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a good powder, I wouldn't use anything else! Yeah, good idea, I think I'll have to try something xx

      Delete
  4. Travel makeup bag posts are some of my favourites to read!💕xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same for me, I find them so interesting! xx

      Delete
  5. The rimmel primer is the best! & i'm gonna have to try that foundation. I've been looking for a full coverage one for a while.
    Panda xo | thealienb4by.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment