Why I fell in love with New York City


Hey there!

Another post about New York City, but this time I'm showing you the parts of New York that stole my heart, so bare with me and I promise my next post will be something different. But let's be honest, can you ever really get bored of New York City?

Times Square:
 
Whilst in New York, I stayed at the Pennsylvania hotel, which is only a stones throw away from Times Square. Since we were so close, it was the first place I visited. We went during the evening and it was so overwhelming - in the best way possible! All of the lights, the music and the people were so surreal, I honestly felt like I had just walked onto a movie set. I visited Times Square several times during my trip and each time I would notice something new, but equally exciting. If you ever go, this is a must place to visit to really get the feel of New York at its best - a busy city, full of surprises.


Central Park:
 
On the complete opposite side of the spectrum is Central Park. Walking through Central Park gives you so much time (It's so big!!) to take in the beauty of New York, without being overwhelmed by bright lights and crowds of busy people; the surrounding sky scrapers give you a sense of being closed off from the busy city. I honestly don't think you ever truly grasp the scale of central park until you are in there (or you see it on the plane flying over like I did). Some of my favourite things within Central Park included the Ice Rink (although I didn't go ice skating because I didn't fancy spending the rest of my trip inside A&E!) and the Zoo. However, just people watching and taking in the views was enough make me happy.



The National September 11 Memorial Museum:

Another Place I visited, and would definitely recommend, was The National September 11 Memorial Museum. On reaching the museum, the busy vibe of New York City is left behind and you get a sense of grief for all the people involved, but also a sense of admiration for all those who helped during this disaster. We spent several hours inside, reading about the events that took place in September 2001.  Everything shown within the museum is displayed with so much thought and care, and it really helps you to understand what went on. One of the most heart-breaking things for me was to listen to the phone calls that those on the planes made to their families, once they realised what was about to happen. I don't think you can ever really understand what those people went through, but listening to their accounts definitely gives you an insight into how brave they were and really touches you. It makes you realise that this attack affected thousands of people and some who survived are still dealing with it today. I think it is such an important museum to visit as it puts into perspective things we might take for granted and it helps to keeps the memory of everyone involved alive.

A little tip: If you visit on a Tuesday evening, after 5pm like I did, entry is free. Although I still gave a donation as it felt like the right thing to do and it is a truly special place to be able to go and visit.


 

Street Art:

Anyone who knows me will know how much I absolutely love street art. Whenever I see it I just have to take note and admire it, so the fact that New York is littered with it just made my trip ten times better! All of the street art that I saw was so colourful and bold and even seeing it in the rainy weather couldn't dampen the effect of it.  
 
 
 
So there you have it, a few of the things that stole my heart in New York City. If you want to check out the other things I did while out there feel free to have a nosey on my Instagram. Have you been before? I would love to go back one day soon, so let me know if you have any other recommendations of good places to visit & I'll see you in my next post.

Comments

  1. I am So jelouse! I really want to go to new york & your post has made that even more focused in my mind. Central park is somewhere I really want to see! Loved this post.

    Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thankyou! It is such an amazing place, you should definitely try & go one day x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shot of central park with the ice rank.. it looks magical esp with all the tall buildings surrounding it.. The street art is amazing! I can see why you love New York, I can't wait to visit it one day!

    Ronnie
    www.veronicabizzarri.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, it feels so magical, I love it there! I'm sure you'll love it, I definitely want to go back one day x

      Delete

Post a Comment