Tested: Primark Holographic Lip Kit

Hey There!
 
The other day I went on a bit of a shopping spree and whilst I did, I went into Primark. Primark is definitely one of my favourite shops, it's just so affordable, however I do have a love/hate relationship with it. Sometimes I'll go in and find so many nice things and other times I will find absolutely nothing that I like.
 
One thing I haven't tried much of is their makeup. Now that isn't weird, except when you take into account that I work in Primark, on their makeup section. So it's fair to say I always know what new products come in, but I'm always sceptical about paying for something that might not work. I have seen lots of good things abut Primark makeup though and their prices hardly break the bank, so I decided to pick up a few things to try.
 
 
One of these things was the Holographic Lip Kit, in the Shade Fantasy. I have seen these Lip Kits for a while now, but only the metallic and matte one's. The Matte Lip Kit in the shade 'Girls World' looks like a nice colour, but I have so many lipstick in a similar colour that I don't think I need any more haha! (My Lipstick collection definitely needs sorted though, it is getting out of hand.)
 
Anyways, I digress. In my local Primark, the holographic lip kits are available in the shade Fantasy, which is a more silver colour, and in Galaxy, which is a purple coloured glitter.When these holographic lip kits landed, I decided to try them out and I'm not going to lie, my expectations weren't very high. For £3, when you compare it to other lip kits, such as Kylie Cosmetics that retail for $29.00 (and even she couldn't get them right first time!) you can't really expect too much from them.
 
I was right (kind off).
 
 
In this Lip Kit you get a Lip Liner, Liquid Lip Gloss and a small pot of glitter. The first step I did was apply the lip liner. It is in a white shade, so you would think it would be quite noticeable on my lips. Unfortunately, this product just does not work. It has a very waxy consistency and no pigment whatsoever. I tried applying, then re applying, then re applying over the same part but nothing was happening, I was very disappointed in this, but carried on regardless.
 
Baring in mind the Lip Liner was a disaster, I had even less hope for the other two products, but this time I was quite pleasantly surprised. The Liquid Lip Gloss leaves a holographic shine on your lips, which I wasn't really expecting! I thought it would just be clear with the glitter making the look holographic. The consistency of this is nice, not tacky in the slightest, and leaves my lips feeling nice. I think this would be quite pretty to wear on it's own, without the glitter added on top. Wearing the lip gloss on it's own would make for a slightly more subtle, but still dramatic lip look. You can kind of see in the swatch just how holographic this lip gloss is.
 
Next, I applied the glitter on top of the of the lip gloss, while it was still sticky. The glitter is also very pretty and very holographic, I was impressed! The swatch definitely doesn't do it justice, but it is such a nice colour. The glitter particles are also very small, which I like as chunky glitter just looks to dramatic for me to have the confidence to wear. It is quite a small tub, but for £3 for all three products, I can't really complain. However, this was when I realised having a lip liner that actually works is very important. Without the lip liner, it looks very messy, which is why I have no picture of the finished result (it was not a good look on me!). Maybe I will try it again, this time using a different white lip liner and hope for the best.
 
Left: Lip Gloss & Glitter | Right: Lip Gloss
 
So in short, I definitely think this is worth the money. The glitter is so pretty that, even if I can't make glitter lips work for me, I can use it on my eyes for a dramatic look. I think I would also wear the lip gloss on it's own for a slightly more subtle look. This would be perfect for nights out when you don't want to be worrying that you've messed up all of your hard work - Lip Gloss is a lot easier to reapply than actual glitter, especially after a few drinks! The only product I wont be using again is the lip liner as it just doesn't seem to work for me, but maybe I got a faulty one, who knows.
 
That's everything for todays post (It was longer than I thought it would be, so well done & thankyou if you made it this far!), I hope you enjoyed it. Have you ever tried any of their lip kits? What did you think of them? Have you tried any other Primark Makeup? Let me know in the comments and I'll see you in my next post.
 


Comments

  1. Ooo i love the look of it! Seems decent for the price! Love primark for a good bargain!

    Amina xx | www.AliandHer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely worth the money, can always rely on Primark for a bargain! x

      Delete
  2. I love the look of the glittery lip, and I can totally understand how you feel without the lip liner, I might have to check these out in my local Primark x

    Kayleigh Zara 🌿www.kayleighzaraa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I feel a Lip Liner is definitely essential for creating a nice shape with the glitter! x

      Delete
  3. This looks really intriguing - my local Primark doesn't usually have much makeup in but I'll definitely have to check these out if I find them!

    Carla x
    https://makemeupinside.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will! They also have other lip kits, like matte and metallic ones, the matte ones look lovely! x

      Delete
  4. Oh wow I didn't even know Primark did these! Gonna have to pick one up x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They also do matte and metallic lip kits, which look great aswell! x

      Delete
  5. This looks great, I've never seen this until now!

    Emily xo
    www.emilynewstead.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great for the money! They also do matte and metallic lip kits, which look great aswell! x

      Delete
  6. I haven't tried any of their lip kits (or products at all) because we don't have Primark here in Estonia. I wish they would ship to Estonia.. :/ x
    Lauraconteur ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment