Thrift Shop Clothing Haul

Hey There!
Todays post is going to be a clothing haul, quite a small one, but a haul nonetheless. The other day, whilst on my lunch at work, I had a 20 minutes left before I had to return to work and I didn't want to just go back inside - the sun was out and I like to enjoy every minute of it I can, especially as we don't get much of it in the UK! Reading doesn't have any parks or anything in it's city centre, which is were I was working, which meant there was nowhere for me to go sit and relax for 20 minutes, so instead I decided to shopping, of course! Being a student and doing an unpaid work placement during July means I have to be a bit more careful with my money this month. That's why I decided to go into a charity shop, that's next door to my work, instead of the high street store
Charity shops, for me, are a great way to get clothes at a great price! However, they can be a bit hit and miss, most of the time I will find nothing in there I like or nothing in my size suited to my style. I am aware, that it is mostly the older generation who donate to charity shops, but occasionally, I will find a few things I like. Just like I did the other day.
The Shop I visited was the 'Helen & Douglas House' and all the money made here goes to hospice care for children and young adults, which is such a great cause! On this particular visit, I was quite lucky and managed to find three things I liked, that I would wear, all for £13.50! An amazing price, especially considering two are Topshop items and the other is from H&M.
1. Black Topshop Skater Dress - £6.50


Anyone who knows me will know how much I love skirts & dresses, I'm always
over dressed for any occasion haha. I used to have a back skater dress, similar to this one and I loved it, so when I saw this I had to get it, as I know I'll get a lot of wear out of it. It is not available on their website as it is presumably and older season style, but I know £6.50 for a Topshop dress is an amazing price. It's a perfect casual dress for during the day, but can also be dressed up for a night out. Black dresses are my staple choices for going out, they're so easy to put on and very flattering, which is always a bonus. You can see above, that I have styled this as a more casual piece with:
Pink Slip on Shoes - Primark (£5)
Pink Denim Jacket - Primark (£20)
Sunglasses - Primark (£1)
2. Black Topshop Mesh T-Shirt - £4.00



Lately, I have been getting into the trend of wearing almost transparent tops with colourful clothing underneath - I'm not confident enough to just wear a bralette underneath, but I love how this looks. I currently own a dress in this same style, from Missguided. It's no longer available on their website (I should not have just checked that, all of their mesh dresses are stunning at the minute, might need to place a little order later haha!), but I wear this all the time. Therefore, when I seen this top I had to pick it up as I know I will get it so much use out of it, especially for £4.00! This piece is also not on their website, but similar tops are available from £20 upwards. I have styled this as more of a gong out outfit, but it could definitely be worn through the day, and I would wear it with:
Black Shorts - Topshop (£30)
Red Bodysuit - Missguided (£18)
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick - Shade 01 Personne Ne Rouge (£8.99)

3. Black Long Sleeve Cropped Top H&M - £3.00


For me, this top was a great bargain! I live in cropped hoodies during the colder weather, so I thought this would be perfect for those days when it's a bit colder, but not cold enough to wear hoodie. I don't even own any long sleeved cropped tops, so this will be getting a lot of wear! It is just a staple item to have in your wardrobe as it can be worn with just about anything! I have styled it with:
Pink Denim skirt (which has pockets!!) - Primark (£8)
Pink Slip on Shoes - Primark (£5)
Pink Backpack - Primark (£9)
YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick - Shade 33 Fuchsia Intense
Those are the pieces I managed to pick up, I hope you like them, and I how styled them. (Yes I'm obsessed with wearing pink in the spring/summer months, haha & yes, most of my wardrobe is from Primark! It's so affordable, how could it not be?) Do you like shopping in second hand clothing stores, have you ever find some great pieces? I'd love to know. Also, these are my first ever flat lay photos and as you can see, they're not amazing! So any tips you have or blog posts you have on them, please comment them below! Thanks for reading and I'll see you in my next post.  


Comments

  1. I love how you've shown us what you bought at the charity shop, and given us an example of what you would wear it with for a whole outfit! I live in black and light pink at the minute, so that first outfit is my favourite! :)
    - www.roisinslatest.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou lovely! I live in pink during the summer & the rest of my wardrobe is basically black! Haha x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love charity shops it's actually crazy. I've done posts before about charity shops finds and always love seeing what other people find... that topshop dress especially is going to be stunning xx

    Abi || https://theskilllessart.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I go through phases when I can never find anything, but lately I've been so lucky with them! x

      Delete
  4. YASSSS! I absolutely adore charity shopping, I recently bought my entire holiday wardrobe for £20 by thrift shopping and found some amazing bargains! Looks like you have as well, love that black skater dress! Helen Douglas House has a shop near to me as well and they're always my first port of call! Great to see more people sharing the love for charity shops as they're definitely under-used!

    Abbey 👑 www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the pink backpack, I saw it the other day and I need it in my life 😩😍

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've bought so many amazing things in just one go, it's crazy! I swear the charity shops near me are so much worse than they are in everyone else's towns!

    Andi | www.andthenzen.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never been thrift or charity shopping but I should! I feel like you can find some amazing pieces! You got so many things! the pink denim jacket looks amazing xx corinne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love charity shopping because of how much more ethical it is (check out ma blog if you want to read about ethical fashion more indepthly) and you've really managed to pick out three gorgeous pieces! I love the way you've styled them as well xx

    Eleanorclaudie.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh, I've got such a rubbish excuse for never going into charity shops, haha! I've literally got 40 in my town bc it's full of old people and I never go in! I feel I ought to after reading this post :)

    Lovely post! X

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many cool finds here! Helen and Douglas House is a lovely cause and I'm amazed at all your finds! I'm def going to start doing more charity shop-shopping, you've totally inspired me!
    Kate x
    http://www.findingkate.co

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't tend to shop in charity shops, but I really need to! I love all of the pink bits you got!xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment