Day out at Marwell Zoo


Hey There!
 
Today’s post is all about the recent trip I took to Marwell Zoo! The last time I was at the zoo was easily over 10 years ago and it was Edinburgh Zoo – which I would highly recommend by the way. Although, I have been to the zoo within Flamingo Land a couple years ago, if that counts. That’s also a good day out.
Marwell Zoo is located in Hampshire, between Winchester and Eastleigh. It is pretty easy to get to, you can drive there or just hop on a bus from Eastleigh bus station. This will set you back £6 for a return, but as this blog post isn’t about my hatred towards rising public transport costs, I’ll just get straight on with what we did at Marwell Zoo.
Now, anyone who has visited this Zoo will know that it has a great range of animals in it, which is fantastic in itself, but Marwell Zoo have taken it one step further. They allow you to get so close to the animals, where it is safe to obviously, which makes the experience that much better.


The first animals we got to see were the penguins! They were so lovely and happy to stand and pose for pictures haha. There was a few standing at the side, which allowed us to get so close to them. A short walk away is the giraffes, which we also managed to see up close. There eyelashes are so long, I'm slightly jealous haha. They are such lovely animals, definitely one of my favourites. The next animals we seen were the Gazelles, which were just chilling in the corner of their pen. 
Marwell Zoo have a 'Lemur Loop' which allows you to get so close to the lemurs and it is definitely worth it - they are so cute! One of the Lemur shelters has a path for you to walk on which means you are literally a step away from the lemurs. Their stripy tails are amazing. However, my favourite animal of the day was definitely the Mongoose's. They were running all over their shelters and I just fell in love with them. Another animal I loved was the Meerkats. They are in an open enclosure in the middle of the pathway, so you have such a clear view of them! They were so funny and since it wasn't the warmest day, they were getting warmth from their lamps.
 

I could talk in depth about every animal we saw, but this post would go on and on, so I'll just include the pictures of every animal haha. I also used instagram stories for the first time, whilst at the zoo, and posted more pictures on my instagram, so you can follow me over there if you want to see more. The Marwell Zoo website also has an animal guide, if you want to know which animals they have at the zoo. 
Inside Marwell Zoo, there is also gardens to walk around, which are beautiful. If it had been sunnier I would have definitely taken advantage of these and wandered around the gardens. Another thing they have going at the minute, is the Lego Brick Safari Exhibition. You can read more about that here, but basically, they have a large collection of animal sculptures dotted around the park. These are all made from Lego and are absolutely incredible. The work that must have gone into these sculptures is amazing and you can't help but take in the effort that was put into these.
 
Overall, I had such a lovely day out and I would highly recommend it. I will definitely go back again. Have you been before? What did you think about it? Let me know in the comments and I'll see you in my next post.

Comments

  1. I love going to the zoo. These are lovely photographs.

    http://ohduckydarling.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, I don't know why I never go haha. Thankyou! x

      Delete
  2. It seems like you had a great time! Beautiful photos, thanks for sharing! x
    Lauraconteur ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the giraffes!! So cute!

    xx http://thenavigatio.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah I love visiting zoo's and seeing all the animals, they're always annoyingly so far away from my hometown though so I always have to make a holiday around it. Great post!
    Jen, Velvet Spring x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post! I haven't been to zoo in so long. I need to go as soon as possible.

    Antonia || Sweet Passions

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like an amazing little zoo! I love seeing penguins too and the giraffes. The last zoo I went to was Berlin zoo x

    Kayleigh Zara 🌿www.kayleighzaraa.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the zoo, these pictures are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't been to the zoo in ages! This looks great x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwh, I LOVE going to the zoo! There is one near me called Banham Zoo, Im hoping to go soon. I'm glad you had a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love zoos so much! They are always so much fun and it's so great to see all the animals. The lego exhibition sounds so so cool

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment