OOTD: On Wednesdays we wear pink

Hey There!
 

Today's post is my very first outfit post. When I started this blog, I had a focus of it being a fashion blog, as that is what I'm interested in and what I'm studying at Uni. However, I underestimated how hard it was to have a fashion blog. The confidence, planning and time needed, to consistently produce high quality fashion posts was something I definitely underestimated. Which is why it has taken me four weeks from publishing my first post to produce a post I am actually happy with.

Don't get me wrong, I know these aren't the best pictures and I have a lot of work to do in regards to styling outfits and getting a range of pictures that show off what I'm wearing, but I just wanted to try it out and see how I felt creating posts like this.
 
Outfit Details:
Short Sleeved Jumper - H&M
Denim Skirt - Primark
Slip on Shoes - Primark
Parka - Primark
 
I bought this jumper last week in the H&M sale for £3! I am obsessed with the colours and I know I will get a lot of wear out of this. I have had the skirt for years, but I live in Denim Skirts all year round and the zip on the front of this adds a nice touch to an otherwise plain outfit. The gold zip also matches the gold detailing on the parka, which pleases me more than it probably should. I have also lived in these pink shoes throughout summer. They are so easy to slip on and off and as I said, I live in pink during the summer, so they match pretty much all of my outfits. I picked up the parka a couple of weeks ago in Primark, for £9! At this time of year, you never know when it is going to rain, so a parka is such an easy thing to throw on. They had so many different styles and patterns, but I don't think I could pull them off!
 
 
Outfit Inspiration:

This outfit was inspired by the transition of the seasons we are going through at the minute, at least in England anyways! Summer is by far my favourite season, but the weather at the minute is making it feel as though Autumn is right around the corner - It's only August, let it be summer!! Nonetheless I have to dress for the weather we have and not the weather I wish it was, although I have found myself doing the opposite of that way to much. Please tell me I'm not the only one!
Pink is most definitely my go to colour in the summer. It's such a fun colour to wear and not one I'd normally wear during autumn and winter, so I'm making the most of it while I can. The rest of the outfit is based on the autumn/winter 2017 trends. I don't always follow trends, but when I already have clothes in my wardrobe that fit in with the trends, I always feel more put together and as if I look more stylish. Sounds silly but never mind. One of the biggest colour trends this year is Navy, as I feel it often is, which is where the colour pallete for this outfit comes from. Striped Jumpers are also coming back into trend, after a few years and I am pleased about that. Apparently, horizontal stripes make you look thinner. Now I don't actually believer this or care about this, but if it is true then I know what jumpers I'll be reaching for when Christmas rolls around and I've ate way too much chocolate, haha!
 
I have some blog posts planned for later this month about other trends for Autumn & Winter, as well as how to use clothes you already own work with the ever changing trends, so if that sounds like something you're interested in, give my blog a follow (using the button on the left) or you can follow me on Bloglovin'.
 
 I hope you enjoyed this post, if you have any tips for this type of post be sure to let me know in the comments! Thanks for reading and I'll see you in my next post.


Comments

  1. Congrats on smashing your first ever fashion post! I definitely agree that these kinds of posts are the hardest to pull off, as so much hard work goes into them, way more than just choosing the outfit! I'm glad that stripes are now back in fashion too, as I have a large collection of stripey jumpers hehe! Can't wait to read more fashion focussed content from you, you're killing it here!

    Abbey 🎀 www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou lovely! They definitely are x

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love the jumper that you're wearing for H&M it's stunning! Your skirt is so pretty too - you definetely killed your first fashion post congrats x

    Kayleigh Zara 🌿www.kayleighzaraa.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done with your first ever fashion post! I love your jumper and it's always great to find clothes at great prices x

    Amy | notsomousybrown.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I'm obsessed with the colours of it! x

      Delete
  4. Such a lovely post! And a lovely outfit too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shoes and parka! And your photos are great :)

    Kirsty
    www.corinneandkirsty.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your first fashion post. Your outfit looks fab, I definitely couldn't pull it off like that. Love it, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your first fashion post, I'm still yet to do mine! Gorgeous pictures and a lovely outfit x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that skirt!

    Ellyn x | Life Of A Beauty Nerd

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the outfit. Super cool yet casual.
    Loved reading you blog.

    Kayleigh xo
    havea-prettyday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment